phpMyAdmin on Windows 7

So, it’s been a while since I upgraded to Windows 7, and I thought everything was tweaked and functioning properly.  Turns out I was wrong.  I tried to login to phpMyAdmin, my favorite means of accessing a database (MySQL), on my localhost today and the go button (the id and password submission button) did nothing.  I did some research with the aid of Google, and some people said it was a software incompatibility issue.  I didn’t buy it.  Apache web server works just fine on Windows 7.  PHP works just fine on Windows 7.  MySQL works just fine on Windows 7.  Why would phpMyAmin not work on Windows 7?

Anyway, to make a long story short, it was a configuration issue of sorts.  For one, the configuration file that I copied from my old XP box, specified a session folder location that didn’t exist (pathway not found) on Windows 7.  So, by just creating the new folder structure, and adding that pathway to PHP’s ini file:  C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Temp\PHP\sessions and C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\Temp\PHP\upload, all began working again.  Sure phpMyAdmin continued to complain about needing a blowfish secret password and adding a new user (for advanced features), but it was working and that’s all I cared.

This entry was posted in Computer Stuff and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Enter Captcha Here : *

Reload Image